Pages

Friday 25 June 2010

Where did this week go?


I can't believe it's Friday already, where did this week go? I seemed to do lots of random bits of projects and still don't feel I managed to really get anything done, Cavania is busy as ever. I finally made myself start and learn the Wacom drawing tablet that Christian gave me just before our trip. It has been sitting in it's box staring at me and feeling completely unwanted. The truth is I was so scared to even turn it on as it took me forever to learn how to use Photoshop and this was all about relearning with new buttons and shortcuts, very daunting. After a couple of days of a few hours each I think I have managed to master a few of the techniques, really I should watch the tutorial but I don't do manuals or instructions!


A lovely surprise in the post arrived on Wednesday Cavania's little girl Juana, in Guatemala sent us a letter and a up to date photo. We have been sponsering her now for two and a half years and it is such a delight to receive mail form her, I feel as if she is part of our family. We sponsor through Actionaid and you can find out more about sponsoring a child by clicking here.

Whilst rummaging through the mountain (sea container actually) of vintage buttons I found an bag of little pearlshine buttons and knew they would make perfect button hearts so my now sore fingers have be making hearts all this week of an evening, I need to find some pretty flowers to decorate and finish them off with scrumptious ribbons. I will let you know when they are ready and in the shop next week.



The garage..... well to be absolutely honest I have hardly done anything to it myself, Christian and a builder friend from his squash club have spent a few days on it over the last week and it is coming along nicely. Not ready for me to paint this weekend, maybe next! But Sukai has a dry home to sleep in at night now.

1 comment:

iva yaneva said...

Oh, dear, my boyfriend gave me a tablet for Christmas over a year ago and I still haven't learned how to use it! I feel so ashamed :) But I am writing it down on my to do list right now!