Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Wedding Cake Topper




I spent today in the warm looking at the snow from my studio window and making the topper for the wedding cake I made a short while ago. It is another prop for the Spring Fair in February, I have decided to go for the complete wow factor on my stand this year. So many hours of work ahead of me!!! The topper today took five and a half hours to make, twisting wires and threading sequins, beads and buttons from my Grandmothers button box. I have soar fingers now but I think it was worth it. Now for the center piece to go inside the topper and to decorate the cake base its self...... tomorrow.
Click here to see how the cake base was made.


Follow my blog with bloglovin

6 comments:

Melbourne Girl said...

That's absolutely gorgeous Karen. Love it. Wish I'd had a similar look for my wedding cake a few years back.
Lesley

cake topper said...

wow. it is sooooo beautiful. Thanks for you sharing the tips of making it. I will have a try.

whitney-anne said...

well worth all the effort and time put into it! Absolutely beautiful.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and the shop is in Brixham, Devon, so if ever you are on holiday down here . . .

Cavania said...

Dear Whitney, I thought it was Brixham when I saw the photo, I own St Peters Church up on the hill. What a small world. x

Kristi said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I would have never thought to make something as unique as this as a cake topper. Thanks for sharing!

Lauren said...

So beautiful! Where do you find those flowers!?!